Tuesday, September 8, 2009

SAT writing

3!!3!!3!! Everytime Madam Ong gives back the marked essays, it has not been any more disappointing. I'm stuck with this stupid number.

First of all I dont understand what is thesis statement. What are the essential vitamins for introduction? How many examples do I need to give? These were the things pondering in my mind until came Jason Leong.

Jason Leong is superb. Practically all the essays that he wrote scored 6!madness!! so I borrowed his essays and broke down his sentence structures. I found out that there is a fixed patern in his writing. Simple yet insightful..

I cant really post his essay patern because I have not tried it. This coming Saturday, will decide whether that patern is my key for atleast 5 or its just another 3.

3 comments:

  1. hey there. ok, thesis statement? erm...well, just tot i'd share, what i always do is, i answer the question to write my thesis statement. like, let's say, the question is are people more likely to be more productive and successful when they ignore the opinions of others? so, your TS can be like this, true, by ignoring unnecessary satirical comments, we can become more focused, work with our own pace as well as boost our own self-esteem.

    note that the TS also contains my general ideas of what the points in d body wud be.

    that is what TS is about.

    be clear of what you want to tell in your body paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. chill la..i also around that...3 average...shit la

    ReplyDelete
  3. tats normal starting point with her...

    ReplyDelete